A circle of ten children sings in tune and keeps a steady beat as they jump and skip ‘Round the Mulberry Bush, each leading in turn with lively lyrics...Carefully linking arms to form human passageways, they sing “Bluebird through my window” and watch a mirthful pair of “birds” weave in tandem through their structure...
• 6 to 10 children
• Ages 3 1/2 to 7
• 45-minute classes weekly
• 10-week semesters
• Grown-ups drop off children and do not attend class
A Kids Sing Class is:
• A group of children exploring musical concepts through circle singing games, dancing, chants, improvisation, and instrument play.
• A Kodaly-based program that instills a love of music while teaching basic music literacy.
• An age-specific, sequential approach for learningthe language of music.
• Developing the musical ear through singing a rich repertoire of folk music.
• Building skills in sight singing and ear training through solfege (do re mi) and rhythm syllables.
• Reinforced with a CD and songbook so children may practice at home.