Babies, toddlers, preschoolers, and big kids all love Mo Music! Our playful music classes for kids support every child, no matter
their learning style or stage of development. Each weekly class includes lots of music activities especially created for young children,
led by a trained teacher who inspires everyone to join in the fun.
Explore the different programs offered at Mo Music below to find the best fit for your family.
Then sign up to visit a class free and experience it for yourself!
For infants through 5 years of age and their grownups. Join us in discovering an informal and non-judgmental setting in which children and adults sing, dance and improvise together. We will joyfull fly with rainbow wings, stomp like elephants, make a rainstorm with our drums, chug as a train, and curl up for a lullaby.
A Music Together Class is:
• 45 minutes of PURE FUN with your child every week!
• A community of families sharing songs, playing instruments, and exploring rhythm and movement.
• Playing with egg shakers, rhythm sticks, triangles, drums, resonator bells, balls, parachutes, and more!
• Music experienced through age-appropriate, research-based activities that support and respect the individual learning styles of very young children.
• Children of mixed ages growing together, as the older ones become leaders and the younger ones delight in watching their bigger friends.
• A new song collection every ten weeks, featuring colorful arrangements of original and traditional songs in a wide variety of musical styles.
We also offer a Music Together Babies Class for infants under 8 months, which opens up the world of music-learning for your new little one. Learn to play musically together with your baby.
For children ages 3 1/2 to 7 years. Big kids dig deeper into how music works in this drop-off class. Children learn to sing in tune and keep a steady beat as they jump and skip ‘Round the Mulberry Bush, each leading in turn with lively lyrics...Carefully linking arms to form human passageways, they sing "Bluebird through my window" and watch a mirthful pair of "birds" weave in tandem through their structure....
A Kids Sing Class is:
• A group of children exploring musical concepts through circle singing games, dancing, chants, improbisation, and instrument play.
• A Kodaly-based program that instills a love of music while teaching basic music literacy.
• An age-specific, sequential approach for learning the language of music.
• Developing the musical ear through singing a rich repertoire of folk music.
• Building skills in sight singing and ear training through solfege (do re mi) and rhythm syllables (ta, ti-ti)
• Reinforced with a CD and songbook so children may practice at home.
• Ages: 9 to adult
• 30 and 45 minute lessons weekly
What is covered in the lesson?
• Vocal Warm-ups where students are guided to use proper vocal technique.
• Music Theory where students are exposed to notation, ear-training, and singing in harmony.
• Vocal Repertoire where students work on refining pieces of music from a variety of styles.
• Vocal Performance where students have opportunities to perform in workshops as well as a yearly recital.
Mona's Teaching Philosophy:
Mona believes in a creating long-term relationship with students where they can feel supported and comfortable exploring their voice.